Register to Plunge
Thank you for registering for this year’s Plunge. Our goal is to have fun while we continue to raise funds to build affordable housing so that we can eliminate homelessness here on the North Shore.
Once your registration is complete we will create a personal pledge page for you so that your supporters can contribute to your pledge goal.
Please Note: By agreeing plunge, you are also acknowledging that you will raise your pledge amount by the day of the event.
Terms of Release
Please read the terms of the following waiver carefully. It includes a Release of Liability and Waiver of Legal Rights. Do not agree to this document unless you have read and understood it in its entirety. By agreeing electronically, you acknowledge that you have both read and understood the text presented to you as part of the registration process.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
1. In recognition of the risk of injury while participating in the Polar Plunge (“the Event”), I assent to the terms of this waiver and release of liability (“Agreement”) and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my or my minor child’s participation in the Event, and do hereby release and forever discharge the Event, River House, Inc., North Shore Community Development Coalition, Salem Education Foundation, the City of Beverly, the City of Salem, and their affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, employees, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, managers, members, agents, attorneys, employees, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, the event site and its agents, attorneys, employees, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns and all sponsors and/or beneficiaries of the Event (collectively “Hosts”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, damages, actions, or causes of action now existing or which hereinafter may arise as a result of my or my minor child’s participation in the Event, whether any injury is caused by the negligence of the Hosts, the negligence of myself or third parties, the conditions of the course or any other cause.
2. I agree to indemnify and save harmless the Hosts against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorneys’ fees, if litigation arises on account of claims made by me and/or my minor child or anyone on behalf. of me and/or my minor child.
3. I attest that I and/or my minor child am physically fit and have trained sufficiently for the Event, and that a licensed medical doctor has verified my physical condition and/or that of my minor child. For safety purposes, I and/or my minor child agree to refrain from using headphones and/or cellular phones during the Event (the “Event”), and as consideration for the right to participate in the Event, I hereby for myself and/or my minor child, and our heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives knowingly and voluntarily enter into this Agreement.
4. I recognize that photographs and video and audio recordings will be taken during the Event. I agree to grant the Hosts full permission to use any photographs and/or video recordings of the Event that contain my likeness and/or the likeness of my minor child for any purpose whatsoever.
5. I acknowledge that this Agreement is the entire agreement between the Hosts and me and/or my minor child, and that this Agreement cannot be modified or changed in any way by representations or statements of the Host or by me and/or my minor child.
6. I hereby declare that I have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement and that, by signing, by online registration or otherwise, I assent to all of the terms and conditions as mentioned here.